18 July 2012

la bellezza del cibo

One of the most important components of life here in Italia is, of course, food. I've had the privilege of growing up with authentic southern Italian food. Nonetheless, I'm still amazed by the beautiful piatti I've enjoyed here. I'm trying my best to record some of my favorites, but I've failed in trying to capture a photo of each dish.

This is one of the prettiest (and most delicious) dishes I've had. This beautiful plate of raw fish was the final course of a wonderful pranzo in a small paese (country town) in Abbruzzo. The fish was accompanied by delicious olio, prezzemolo (parsley), zucchini, pomodori, and pepperoni (or as we call it in Cersosimo, puppacce (SP?)). On a warm day, this fish is quite refreshing!

Baccala is a fish eaten by most regions of Italy. It's prepared in different ways, depending on the region's style of cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment